Post ID: 2140

Jessie Seitz from Capricorn Rising here!  

RSS

(@jessieseitz)
10/02/2017 2:09 am  

Hello! 

Gosh where to start? I have been working in the independent film world for 15 years now and feel like I am finally hitting my stride! In 2015 I shot my first feature length movie, DEVOTION, and after a challenging post-production (when is post NOT a challenge?) am now getting ready to release it to the world.  My production company, Capricorn Rising, just hit its one year mark this month and I'm really looking forward to growing the brand along with the release of the movie. 

DEVOTION is an independent film in every sense of the word but we did manage to pull together an incredible cast which included Linnea Quigley, Erin Brown and Haley Jay Madison.

When I started pre production on this movie (and subsequently my company) I had a laundry list of things that I wanted to prioritize that included creating roles for women and minorities, in front of and behind the camera ,that were positive, challenging, and rewarding. I feel like I'm off to great start with this and I can't wait to do better with future projects. 

Pre-sales for DEVOTION start March 1st with an aggressive festival submission phase to follow. It will still be a short while before the screener is ready but in the mean time I'd love to talk shop/collaborate with websites, blogs, podcasts,  magazines, filmmakers and actors! I think cross promotion is vital to those of us on the independent level and I am always down to help you in whatever way I can <3

You can find me at:

Facebook: CapricornRising

Instagram: @capricornrising

Vimeo:  https://vimeo.com/user45148856

ReplyQuote
(@lilyn_g)
10/02/2017 2:27 am  

Hi Jessie,

I'd be willing to collaborate with you on some sort of promotion. Guest Post or Interview, maybe?

I own Sci-Fi & Scary - It's a growing science fiction and horror review site. We do guest posts, interviews, etc, every Sunday.  Feel free to reach out to me at contact @ scifiandscary(dot)com. 

ReplyQuote
(@hannah-neurotica)
Founder of Women in Horror Month Admin
10/02/2017 2:40 am  

Jessie!! SO excited to see you here <3 <3 <3!!

JessieSeitz liked
ReplyQuote
(@leightos)
10/02/2017 7:30 am  

Hi Jessie!

I think that is brilliant that you shot Devotion and managed to get one of the original horror heroines, Linnea Quigley involved. Kudos! My name is Susan Leighton and I am a contributor to 1428elm.com. Our entire month is devoted to WIHM and I would love to do an interview with you. 

Please feel free to contact me at the following:

Twitter - @SusanontheLedge

Email - susan.womanontheledge@aol.com

ReplyQuote
(@hannah-neurotica)
10/02/2017 5:16 pm  

Welcome to the forum, Leightos!!!!!

ReplyQuote
(@hannah-neurotica)
10/02/2017 5:16 pm  

Thanks for joining the forum Lilyn_G!

ReplyQuote
(@edenroyce)
12/02/2017 8:42 am  

I'd be happy to have you do a guest post or a feature on my blog as well. It's Eden Royce - The Dark Geisha. Feel free to contact me:

Twitter: @edenroyce

Email: eden (dot) royce (at) gmail (dot) com

JessieSeitz liked
ReplyQuote
(@jessieseitz)
15/02/2017 10:21 pm  

Great to meet you! I'll be e-mailing you tonight <3 

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register