Post ID: 2140

The Homicidal Homemaker® - "Where Home Economics Meets Horror!"  

RSS

(@thehomicidalhomemaker)
09/02/2017 11:45 pm  

Many, many, many years ago, I had the idea of launching a website to showcase the hybrid of two things I love – horror movies, and food. I sat on the idea for many years, and finally, in February of 2012, in celebration of Women in Horror Month, I finally got off of my butt and made the site live. I wasn't sure if anyone would have any interest in my tutorials or not, but I decided to give it a go. Immediately, people showed interest and started actually making the recipes. I even began teaching my horror cooking classes at various conventions.

Fast-forward to 2015: Neptune Cinema expressed interest in producing the cooking show I had been writing.

In February of 2016, again, in celebration of Women in Horror Month, I published the first episode of The Homicidal Homemaker® horror-themed cooking show. It's been an absolute blast, and we have so many awesome things planned for 2017.

All recipes on my website and my show are 100% original creations that I develop myself. Each episodes includes cinematic vignettes before and after the cooking segment, aside from our #QuickTipsFromTheCrypt episodes which are mini-episodes. Everything you see and hear on the show are original creations as well. Ian (of Neptune Cinema) not only films and edits the episodes, but he also creates the miniature models that you see in the episodes. All are made by hand. Ian and I both create a lot of the props. My sweetheart Salvador assists me with writing the episodes, and is the composer for the show. We all wear many hats to make the show possible. I step in with makeup and special FX, but we also utilize local artists, too.  Some of the many tasks that I fulfill are developing the recipes, writing the episodes, designing and maintaining the website, photography of the recipes, all of the graphic design/branding, co-directing episodes, and co-producing the show. I think it's pretty awesome that such a small team makes this possible, and I am forever grateful to my crew – I couldn't have hoped or asked for a better team.

The show is truly one-of-a-kind, and so much energy, time, commitment, and our heart goes into every episode. We do not make any money off of the show, so it's more important than ever that as many people see the episodes as possible. A simple like, comment, or share really makes our day!  I, along with the crew, would love the opportunity to talk more about what we do!

I can be contacted via the contact form on my website, www.TheHomicidalHomemaker.com, or, on any of my social media outlets.

YouTube: www.youtube.com/homicidalhomemaker
Facebook: www.facebook.com/homicidalhomemaker
Twitter: www.twitter.com/homicidalkaci
Instagram: www.instagram.com/homicidalhomemaker

Edited: 12 months  ago

FunDeadLy, EdenRoyce, SKolesnik and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@hannah-neurotica)
Founder of Women in Horror Month Admin
09/02/2017 11:51 pm  

WOOHOO!!! You are the FIRST person to post in the forum, Kaci!!! Right now we are working on making the WiHM blog, Ax Wound, more active and I DEF wanna do an interview with you about this show!!!! It's something I've been meaning to do for a long time! I LOVE  it!!!!!

ReplyQuote
(@skolesnik)
10/02/2017 12:21 am  

I think your show is awesome! I just liked it on Facebook and shared it on the Women in Horror Film Festival's page. Very cool! 

ReplyQuote
(@jessieseitz)
10/02/2017 1:37 am  

So rad to hear about your show! I'm following you on the social media channels now <3 

ReplyQuote
(@lilyn_g)
10/02/2017 2:34 am  

I run a Science Fiction and Horror review site (Sci-Fi & Scary). We just recently started a thing where we're focusing on people who do craft-related science fiction and horror stuff. I will be reaching out to you through your website shortly!

ReplyQuote
(@edenroyce)
12/02/2017 8:33 am  

I've been following you on Twitter for a while now, but I'll add your other channels too. Love what you do!

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register