- IS WiHM AN OFFICIAL NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION?
WiHM currently a grassroots initiative. This does not mean that WiHM will not try to earn 501(c)3 Non-Profit status in the future.
- DOES WIHM OFFER FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE FOR PROJECTS OR EVENTS?
We cannot currently offer financial assistance at this time. WiHM is organized by volunteers and relies 100% on donations from supporters like you. However, this may be something WiHM considers in the future.
- HOW DO I GET MY EVENT/PODCAST/BLOG SERIES/ETC. LISTED ON YOUR WEBSITE’S DATABASE?
Please visit our Submit an Event page to enter your information.
- I WANT TO SHARE SOMETHING HORROR RELATED WITH THE WiHM COMMUNITY. HOW DO I DO THAT?
People frequently share great projects or interesting events that happen outside of February with us. We love seeing what the WiHM is up to the rest of the year, but we save our official WiHM database for items happening specifically during Women in Horror Month. Ax Wound, our blog, is where you should send interesting links, projects, and events happening outside of WiHM.
- I’M A FEMALE FILMMAKER/WRITER/ARTIST. WILL YOU SHARE MY WORK ON YOUR WEBSITE?
WiHM is not currently posting work from artists, but Ax Wound, the official WiHM blog, will soon be taking submissions from creators and blog writers. Stay tuned to Ax Wound for more details about how to send your work.
- IS THE TWISTED TWINS PRODUCTIONS’ MASSIVE BLOOD DRIVE AN OFFICIAL PART OF THE WiHM ORGANIZATION?
Yes. Every year Jen Soska and Sylvia Soska produce an original Women in Horror Month PSA encouraging you to face your fears and donate life-saving blood. While the official PSA is done every year, we highly encourage you to pick up a camera and take this opportunity to make a short blood-filled PSA all your own. Send it to us, and we will include it in our official WiHM Blood Drive PSA Film Festival and year-round gallery. Donate blood. #InYouToGive.